Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Almost three months old?!

I can't believe my little girl is almost a three month old (or that I have to go back to work next week).  There have been an amazing amount of changes in the last three weeks that tell me that it's true though.

We officially had to retire all the newborn clothing last week.  Her growth curve was off at the last appointment and I think we and the Doctor will have to get used to that for now.  Grace has definitely gained weight since her last appointment and has a much chunkier appearance overall (after gaining quite a bit in week nine, Michael said to me "are her legs swollen??" to which I replied "no, she just got fatter like you wanted!" and she's getting much heavier (I've found my arms weights, today was day one of a new regimen, I think I'll need them!) but her real growth has been in her height. 

I read somewhere (and can't find it since) that infants generally gain about 3/4 of an inch in the early months.  Grace has been on more of a 2 inches a month curve.  It would appear she's taking after the Creen side of the family in that.  Therefore, sleepers that were too big two weeks ago are already almost too small, but the 3 month pants while long enough, are too big around her waist.

It was tough saying goodbye to some favourite outfits that were so cute on her.  The one was so tough for Michael that I ended up getting the same one in 3 months and 6 months so he can enjoy it a bit longer.  She's his little strawberry bum.



We've continued doing tummy time twice a day.  She is so close to being able to roll over.  It's actually starting to frustrate her that she can't.  She has the basic mechanics down, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.  She's trying really hard to move forward to, so I'm thinking we might have to childproof our house sooner rather than later!

On May 8th at precisely 1:39pm she laughed for the first time.  Daddy got some good ones out of her later that day but she hasn't done it a whole lot since, not for lack of trying.  She vocalizes a lot though and imitates the sounds we make which is super cute and encouraging for word production later on. 

We've been reading books more lately which has been fun.  She seems to enjoy it and calms down from fussiness.


So Grace will be three months old in two days.  Looking forward to the next three!  Many more changes to come.  Sitting up and rolling over will probably be the next milestones!

No comments:

Post a Comment