Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Four Months Old


I see I haven't updated in a month...will try and change that!

Grace just had her four month birthday and Doctors appointment.  She is still small weight wise, 6th percentile, 11lbs 10oz, but is 52nd percentile height at 24 5/8 inches.  This girl is long which is making clothing interesting.  We're into 3-6 month stuff now and even wearing some 6 month.  I put some 3-6 months pants on her today, they were pretty big on her waist but shorter than her legs!
Doctor said she was A+ in all areas.  Her eyes are straight, he was impressed with how well she was holding up her head, heart, hearing, all good.  As soon as he opened her diaper she peed so he said "good urine output I see".  So the weight is steady gain if not large gain, so he is not concerned.  I think she looks healthy, we just have ourselves a svelte little girl.  The second round of vaccines were traumatic once again, but this time I knew what to expect and was able to hold her hands and talk to her.  As soon as she ate/cuddled for a few minutes she calmed down and despite being a little needier the next day she had no other ill effects.

Grace has been able to roll over back to front easily for almost a month now but is still having a bit of trouble front to back.  She has done it several times, it just doesn't seem to come as naturally.  She can stand up really well with us holding her and can keep her head and upper body up for long periods of time now.  We had to buy her a bigger mat for rolling practice.
She has also been experimenting with her vocal chords.  Getting some pretty good shrieks these days.  Very talkative, especially in the last two weeks.

Today was Grace's first Canada Day.  Since I am first generation born in Canada she is automatically a dual citizen.  All I need to do is fill out some paperwork to get a certificate that says so.  I was hoping to pose her on my giant Canada flag but it sadly is nowhere to be found so here are the shots I got of her onesies given to her by Canadian friends.




All in all she's a super happy girl, an absolute delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment