Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Six Months/Where did my baby go??





Up until one week ago I still had a baby.  Then she turned six months old.  The changes this week have been incredible.  I have a child now.  Wee babe is gone.  That made me cry.  It's too fast!  I'm not ready for this independent creature!

I put her in size two diapers today.  She probably needed them a week ago.  We had some major poo explosions this week on clothes.  She's wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes still.
She still can't sit on the floor completely on her own but she can sit on laps and in chairs and she can push herself over and pull herself up again no problem.
I just stopped swaddling her for bed because she rolls over even swaddled now.
She started reaching for people this week.  Today she even gave me a hug.
She can easily pull her soother out and put it back in, she's reaching for everything and can play with toys now.  She can grasp with both hands and move items from hand to hand.  She's also just started throwing things.
I put her in an exersaucer for the first time and she entertained herself for 45 minutes.
She's practically crawling.  The movement is all there, the bum just isn't completely up in the air but she can motor around pretty well.  Time to childproof I'm thinking!  If we stand her up holding under her arms she'll take many steps.  Her legs are strong.  She likes to stand.
She's vocalizing more and more and I'm even starting to hear things that sound a bit like words.  The laughing is easily received these days.
Even if she's crying, which she mostly only does if she's hungry or needs a change, if she sees someone looking at her she'll crack a huge smile.  She is quite a charmer.  She has the biggest, sweetest gummy smile.  I'm dreading teeth for more reasons than one.  It could be soon too.  EVERYTHING goes in her mouth and she is chewing hard.
She loves dogs.  She is fascinated by Bailey but also loves to look at any dog I found out this week.
And lastly, I'm about to start her on solids.  Rice cereal first, twice a day.

I'm amazed by her every day...and it's a fun age now to play with her but I still miss my wee babe in arms!  Every stage is great, I just wish it would slow down a bit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment